Are you ever struck with a craving for chocolate cookies? I’m lucky, it doesn’t happen to me (I have other sweet cravings) but I live with someone who does! When the urge hits, it’s relentless until it’s been satisfied. I’m thinking it may have been this craving that was the inspiration for the infamous Cookie Monster.
Another thing about cookie cravings, they never seem to hit at a convenient time – you know, on a Saturday afternoon when you have all the time in the world to bake. Nope! Cookie cravings hit when you don’t have the time or energy to be hauling out all sorts of ingredients that need a variety of measuring cups and spoons. This is why you need Shortcut Chocolate Chip Cookies!!!
The “secret ingredient”
The secret ingredient is a box of yellow cake mix. Boxed cake mix goes on sale all the time. At my grocery store, it’s usually a BOGO deal once a month. I don’t bake many cakes, but I bake lots of cookies, and cake mix is the best thing that ever happened to cookie recipes!
Mix and bake
These cookies are super easy. The only other ingredients are butter, a splash of milk, a little vanilla, chocolate morsels, and chopped nuts. Mix everything together and scoop out on a baking sheet/pan lined with parchment or a silicone mat and bake in a preheated oven for about 10 minutes.
Eating them warm is the absolute best!!!!! I love biting into melty chocolate. YUM! Shortcut Chocolate Chip Cookies are the perfect recipe for new bakers, young bakers, and non-bakers. It’s a great solution not just for satisfying cookie cravings but also for unexpected guests, a quick care package, and a last-minute school or work treat. Enjoy!
Shortcut Chocolate Chip CookiesCourse: Dessert, SnacksCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Super Easy
Delicious home-baked Chocolate Chip Cookies have never been quicker or easier to make with a box of yellow cake mix and a couple of pantry ingredients. YUMMY!
1 box yellow cake mix
½ cup butter, softened
1 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ cup chopped walnuts
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Prep: Preheat oven to 350°F. Allow butter to warm to room temperature, if refrigerated. Line baking sheet/pan with parchment paper or silicone mats
- In a large bowl, beat cake mix, butter, 1 tablespoon milk, vanilla and egg with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Stir in nuts and chocolate chips. Using a cookie scoop or rounded tablespoon, place cookies 2 inch apart in the prepared baking sheet/pan.
- Bake cookies 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are set (centers will be soft and cookies will be very light in color). Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack. Store covered.
- Milk: If the dough is too dry, add an additional tablespoon of milk.
- Butter: While butter yields the best results, margarine or canola oil can also be used.
- Walnuts: Chopped pecans can also be used.
- Chocolate chips: Be creative! Any flavor of morsels can be used (dark chocolate, expresso, butterscotch, white chocolate, toffee)