Bring back your favorite summertime childhood memories in minutes with this creamy, dreamy Dreamsicle Pie. Classic orange and cream flavors are combined in this easy no-bake dessert. Using a store-bought graham cracker crust, a box of orange jello, and a tub of whipped topping, with flavoring help from a tad of orange extract and the zest of one orange, this dessert comes together in mere minutes. Pop it in the refrigerator for a few hours to set and garnish before serving with your choice of whipped topping, mandarin oranges, or fresh orange slices. Enjoy this refreshing citrusy treat served soft or frozen on a hot summer day. It’s a sweet, pillowy cloud of orange deliciousness.
Add the orange extract, zest, and whipped topping (Cool Whip or store brand) to the jello. If you don’t have orange extract, substitute two tablespoons of orange juice.
If you can make a box of jello, you can make pie! It’s that easy. Simply mix the jello with boiling water and cool with ice cubes. (I used sugar-free jello, personal preference.)
For a deeper citrus flavor, add the zest of one orange. I’m a visual person, and I like color to match to taste. The color of the mixture is a pale orange. I zhooshed it up by adding a couple of drops of orange food coloring for a deeper orange hue. If you don’t have orange food coloring, you can make your own by mixing equal parts yellow and red food coloring.
Spoon the whipped mixture into the store-bought graham cracker crust—place in the refrigerator for 4 hours (or overnight) to set.
Decorate using whipped topping, nozzle whipped topping (Reddi-Wip), mandarin oranges, or fresh orange slices. I save a little of the jello powder and sprinkling it on top for some extra color! This is a great pie for the kiddos to make. It’s easy, fun to decorate, and tastes sooooo good!
Dreamsicle PieCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Super Easy!
Classic orange and cream flavors come together in this super easy no-bake pie. Made in mere minutes with orange jello, whipped topping, and a store-bought graham cracker crust this refreshing, creamy citrusy pie can be served soft or frozen. It’s the perfect dessert for a hot summer day!
1 Box Orange Jell-o (4 serving size)
8 ounces whipped topping (such as Cool Whip)
2 teaspoons orange extract (see notes)
Optional: zest of one orange
Optional: orange food coloring
Optional Garnish: whipped topping, mandarin oranges, fresh orange slices, sprinkle of orange jello powder
- In a large bowl, combine Jell-o powder with ⅔ cup boiling water. Stir until powder is completely dissolved. Place ½ cup ice into a 1-cup measuring cup and top to 1 cup with cold water. Add to the Jell-o mixture and stir until ice is almost melted. Discard ice.
- Add the orange extract, orange zest (optional) and the whipped topping. Mix with a spoon or hand mixer until completely combined. Pour the mixture into the pie crust and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Decorate with remaining cool whip and mandarin oranges if desired. Store in fridge for a soft filling or in the freezer for a frozen pie
- Orange extract substitute: 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice = 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- Orange food coloring: Make your own with equal parts of red and yellow food coloring
- Orange Jello: sugar-free jello can also be used