I’m a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for Associates to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Meaning, at no additional cost to you, I may make a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Thank you for shopping and I hope you love these products as much as I do.Jump to Recipe
Nothing says spring like a bright burst of lemon, and these cookies are fluffy, lemony clouds of yumminess. Tangy-sweet cookies are cakey and soft in the center with crackly, crumbly edges. The simple batter of lemon cake mix, oil, 2 eggs, and the zest of half a lemon takes less than 5 minutes to mix up. If you omit the lemon zest (which is optional), it only takes 3 minutes. What are you waiting for? It’s time to bake a little sunshine.
Lemon Cake Mix Crinkle CookiesCourse: Dessert, SnacksCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Tangy-sweet lemon cookies with crinkle tops are cakey and soft in the center and crackly, crumbly around the edges. Easy and quick to make. It’s sunshine in a cookie
• 1 box lemon cake mix
• 2 eggs
• ⅓ cup vegetable oil
• ¼ cup powdered (confectioners) sugar, for rolling – See Notes
• Optional: 1 teaspoon lemon zest (half a lemon)
- Preheat oven to 375℉. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat
- In a medium bowl, mix the cake mix, 2 eggs, and vegetable oil until well combined. Batter will be sticky.
- Chill for at least 15 minutes (up to 48 hours)
- Place the powdered sugar in a small bowl. Using a spoon or cookie scoop, make balls of batter about 2 tbsp big, and roll into the powdered sugar. Shake off the excess, and place on prepared pan, about 2 inches apart from each other.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until puffy, dry, and the powdered sugar has cracked. Let the lemon cookies cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer them to a cooling rack.
- No powdered sugar – no problem. The powdered sugar makes them look pretty, but it’s not essential. You can make these cookies without it.
- Substitute white or yellow cake mix with 2 tablespoons lemon juice and the zest of a whole lemon
- The batter is really sticky! Chill for at least 15 minutes. Return to fridge, as needed, if batter becomes too sticky. Spraying the cookie scoop and your fingers with non-stick spray will make it easier to handle.
- Zhoosh up your cookies be adding white chocolate chips, nuts or m&ms