I’m a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for Associates to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Meaning, at no additional cost to you, I may make a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Thank you for shopping and I hope you love these products as much as I do.Jump to Recipe
Jell-o makes everyone smile! I don’t know why, but it’s hard to eat jell-o and not smile. It’s just one of those “happy” foods. Another happy snack is marshmallows. They also make us smile when we eat them. You can’t be sad while eating marshmallows! Jell-o jigglers have been around for years with all sorts of variations. I thought it would be fun to combine jigglers with marshmallow goo to create a fruity chewy, gummy treat. It takes just a couple of minutes to mix up. Red raspberry jell-o and heart shapes are perfect for Valentine’s Day, showers, anniversaries, and family gatherings. If you have a silicone heart mold, lightly coat the mold with a non-stick spray, fill the molds and chill until set. You can also pour the jell-o mixture in a square baking pan (coated with non-stick spray) and use a heart-shaped cookie cutter. While chilling the marshmallow will separate from the jell-o creating a pretty two layer effect. Decorate the hearts with your choice of sprinkles. Kids love these treats (and so do a lot of big kids!).
Marshmallow Gummy HeartsCourse: Dessert, SnacksDifficulty: Easy
Marshmallow Heart Gummies are a fun, fruity, chewy jell-o treat that makes everyone smile! All you need is a couple packets of jell-o,, mini-marshmallows and a heart-shape cookie cutter or silicone heart mold.
• 1 cup boiling water
• 2 pkg. (3 oz.) JELL-O Raspberry or Strawberry Flavor
• 3 cups Miniature Marshmallows
- Add 1 cup boiling water to gelatin mix in 4-cup Pyrex measuring cup or medium microwaveable bowl. Stir 2 minutes until completely dissolved. Stir in marshmallows. Microwave on HIGH 1 min. or until marshmallows are puffed; whisk until marshmallows are completely melted and mixture is well blended.
- If using a heart-shaped cookie cutter, pour mixture into 9-inch square pan sprayed with cooking spray. If using a silicone heart mold, spray mold with cooking spray and pour mixture in molds.
- Refrigerate 45 min. or until firm. (Mixture will separate as it sits.)
- If using a cookie cutter, cut gelatin into heart shapes. If using a silicone mold, invert mold and apply gentle pressure to pop out molds. Garnish with sprinkles.
- The non-stick spray is key to easy removal of the jell-o from the pan and the molds. The jell-o does stick!
- Be creative with the color and flavor of jell-o.