I’m a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for Associates to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Meaning, at no additional cost to you, I may make a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Thank you for shopping and I hope you love these products as much as I do.Jump to Recipe
Amp up your dinner game with little roasting zhoosh! (Seriously, aren’t you getting bored with baked potatoes zapped in the microwave?) Roasted vegetables are an impressive touch with any dinner, especially in the winter when a warm oven is always a good thing! As they roast, the delicious aroma will permeate your home. Best of all, it is so easy to roast veggies! You can’t mess it up. Any root veggies will work. Go ahead and add or substitute Brussel Sprouts, turnips, or parsnips to the suggested potatoes, carrots, and onion. There’s plenty of room for play with the seasoning and dried herbs. I will even use fresh herbs if I have them on hand. If you are doing double duty with your oven, the cooking temp is flexible. I suggest 400°, but any temp between 350°-425° will work equally well. To make this dish even better, clean-up is as simple as throwing away the foil that lines the baking sheet.
Roasted Potatoes, Carrots, Garlic and OnionCourse: SidesCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Roasted Potatoes, Carrots, Garlic and Onion are an easy, healthy and delicious side dish. Use whatever veggies you have on-hand, this recipe can be adapted to any combination of vegetables.
¼ cup olive oil
2 large potatoes (or 3 medium) cut in half and quartered (russet, red, yellow, or white)
1 cups sliced carrots or baby carrots
1 large sweet potato cut in half and quartered
1 large onion cut in half and quartered
5-10 cloves of garlic, peeled
1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning (or an equivalent combination of dried oregano, thyme, basil, and rosemary)
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Line a rimmed baking sheet pan with aluminum foil (to make clean-up a breeze!) and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place vegetables in a large bowl and add olive oil and Italian Seasoning (or the dried herbs), salt and pepper. Toss well, evenly coating all the vegetables with the seasonings and oil. Add more oil if the vegetables seem dry.
- Transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Spread the vegetables evenly. The less the vegetables touch each other, the more area on them will brown. Place on a middle rack in preheated oven. Bake 35 – 40 minutes
- Add or substitute Brussel Sprouts, turnips, or parsnips to the suggested potatoes, carrots, and onion.
- If you have fresh herbs, go ahead and use them in place or in addition to the dry seasoning.