I’m a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for Associates to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Meaning, at no additional cost to you, I may make a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Thank you for shopping and I hope you love these products as much as I do.Jump to Recipe
These little puffs of peppermint will melt in your mouth and warm your heart. The pretty pale pink color and sparkly sprinkles make these cookies the perfect after dinner treat or addition to a cookie plate. The pink color is great for the holidays, Valentines Day and baby girl showers. Change it up with a drop or two of green food coloring and green sprinkles for St. Patrick’s Day. These easy-to- make gems are sure to impress.
Meringue Peppermint KissesCourse: Holiday: Cookies-Candy-Treats
2 egg whites
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 cup sugar
2 drops red food coloring (to obtain a light pink hue)
½ teaspoon peppermint extract
Sprinkles for decorating
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Add salt and cream of tartar; beat until soft peaks form.
- Beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until stiff and glossy. Mix in peppermint extract and red food coloring.
- Spoon meringue into a pastry bag or a resealable plastic bag. If using a plastic bag, cut a 1 inch hole in the corner.
- Squeeze 1-1/2 inch kisses of meringue onto a silicone mat or parchment paper lined baking sheets. Top with sprinkles
- Bake at 250F for 1 hours or until dry but not brown. Cool; remove from pan. Store in an airtight container.