These cookies are a snap to make and so delicious that everyone will be wanting more! Perfect for the non-baker — no flour, no spices, no food coloring. No mixer is needed either, the batter is easy to stir by hand. Powdered sugar (confectionary sugar) is needed to give the crinkles the pretty. This recipe can be used with any flavor cake mix! This is a great baking project for kids.
Easy Strawberry CrinklesCourse: Dessert, SnacksCuisine: American
1 box strawberry cake mix
⅓ cup vegetable oil
½ cup powdered sugar, for rolling
- Preheat oven to 375F, and line two cookie sheets with parchment or silicone liners.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the cake mix, 2 eggs, and vegetable oil until a soft dough forms.
- Place the powdered sugar in a small bowl. Using a spoon or cookie scoop, make balls of dough about 2 tbsp big, and roll into the powdered sugar. Shake off the excess, and place on prepared pan, about 2 inches apart from each other. These cookies spread when they bake. They get big!
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until puffy, dry, and the powdered sugar has cracked.
- Serve immediately or store at room temperature.